North Saanich Flavour Trails
We’ve reimagined our festival…
as a season, not just a weekend!
Flavour Trails Route Finder
find out more about our farm, food & libation stops, plan your customized route.
This summer, come experience the flavour of our region!
This year North Saanich offers you a season-long, self-guided Flavour Trail route.
Bike, walk or drive down country roads in a thriving working agricultural landscape with this mobile “Flavour Trails road map” in hand.
A variety of choice awaits you: each farmer and food provider sets their own hours and their own offerings. Peruse the map and check out our “Meet Your Makers” digital stories to get a sneak preview.
Take to the open road and the fresh air of North Saanich. Take home the best flavours of the region & season.
To stay in the loop, like us on Facebook, or sign up here to receive our emails.
On the Flavour Trail:
Week of July 6
- Fruit Trees and More has fig trees for sale, including a brand new introduction to North America: the San Antonio, a variety that features a second fig crop that ripens in early fall! Please call first.
- Fickle Fig is launching its Flavour Trail charcuterie board this week. Come for Happy Hour on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays 3-5 pm.
- Anneth Farm holds its on-site farm market Wednesdays from 10:30-6 pm. Browse their online sales for easiest advance purchasing.
- Snowdon House is open to welcome visitors to their shop and gardens Saturday and Sunday, 10 to 4.
- North Saanich Farm Market is in full gear, Saturdays 9:30-11:30
- sit-down meal options with a local food focus in North Saanich include The Roost, Fickle Fig, and the brand new 10 Acres Cafe in Sidney!
- plan a relaxed day browsing some of North Saanich’s amazing farm-focussed shops: wander through the Russell Nursery’s park-like setting, browse cookbooks and carefully curated condiments at Deep Cove Market (and take home some incredible local sausages) drop by Melinda’s Biscotti for an afternoon coffee and biscotti.
- If you need a nap and a recharge on the way home, Dominion Brook Park has lawns, tree canopy, and a wonderful ravine to explore.
The highly popular North Saanich Flavour Trails is a celebratory rural ramble and feast of the senses! Explore by bike or by car and meet the growers, harvesters, fishers, vinters, chefs and producers that are creating an amazingly rich bounty right here in our own backyard!
Visit a farm gate, sample local wines and beer made from the fruits of this land, enjoy music and art, watch dog herding demonstrations and experience farm life past and present. There is so much to enjoy and take home with you!
North Saanich has a superb network of dedicated bicycle paths, bucolic country roads and a merciful lack of hills, making it a bicyclist’s paradise. Come make a day trip of it!
Local food is good food! Savour and enjoy!